Barack Obama is an American politician and the 44th President of the United States from 2009 to 2017. Obama served one term in the Illinois Senate and is the first African American President of the United States. In this Article we will look about net worth of barack obama.
What is Barack Obama’s Net Worth?
As of 2021, Barack Hussain Obama’s net worth is estimated to be $70 million and Barack Obama’s Salary is $400 Thousand.
|Net Worth:||$70 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Aug 4, 1961 (59 years old)|
|Height:||6 ft (1.85 m)|
|Profession:||Politician, Lawyer, Writer, Author, Law professor|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
He won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 and currently remains among few presidents to do so.
|The Obama Family Income History|
|2017||At least $65,000,000|
Early Life of Barack Obama
Barack Obama was born on the 4th August, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii, which is where he mainly grew up. Obama did spend a year of his childhood in Washington State. In 1964 his parents had divorced, and his father had moved to Kenya.
By 1965 his mother remarried, and they relocated to Indonesia for four years. In 1971 Obama returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents; where he attended and graduated in 1979 from Punahou School.
Over the years he discusses at length and reflects on how he managed the social perceptions related to his multi-cultural heritage.
His educational pursuits after high school involved some moving around. By 1981 he completed his freshman and sophomore years at Occidental College in Los Angeles.
Then it was on to New York City for his junior and senior year at Columbia University where he graduated in 1983. In 1988 Obama entered Harvard Law School where he graduated in 1991.
After completing university, Obama taught constitutional law for twelve years at the University of Chicago Law School. First as a lecturer from 1992-1996 then as a senior lecturer.
During his time working for the university he also joined Miner Barnhill and Galland; a large firm where he was specializing in civil rights litigation, which included economic development.
In 2005 Obama became the Illinois state senator, winning 70% of the vote in the 2004 general election. As senator he co-sponsored two initiatives, Secure America and the Orderly Immigration Act. By late 2006 – early 2007 he began stepping down to prepare for his presidential campaign.
In early January of 2009, Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th United States President, serving two terms until 2017. Within his first 100 days in office, he had ordered the closing of Guantanamo Bay.
The first bill Obama signed into law was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay act of 2009; which served to change the statute of limitations for equal-pay lawsuits.
During his terms of presidency, Obama ensured and supported further statutes for LGBTQ rights. Including a crime prevention act, in combination with his support for the legalization of same-sex marriage.
His final day in the oval office included 330 commutations for non-violent drug offenders and commutations for well over fifteen hundred others, including Chelsea Manning.
Highlights of Barack Obama’s Career:
- NAACP Image Award- Chairman’s Award 2005
- Best Spoken Word Album Grammy Awards for the abridged audio book version of Dreams from my Father
- 2007 He received the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work
- 2008 Best Spoken Word Album Grammy Awards for the abridged audiobook version of The Audacity of Hope
- 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
- 2017 John F Kennedy Profile in Courage Award
- Obama also holds Honorary Doctorate of Laws recognitions from 14 universities.
Key Facts About Barack Obama
- Never earned more than $30k per year between 1991 and 2004
- Salary jumped to $157k when he was elected to the US Senate
- Michelle was the breadwinner for a long time, earning $274k per year as a lawyer
- The Obamas earned $1.65m in 2005 thanks largely to Barack’s book royalties
- In 2017 Barack and Michelle signed a $60m book deal for their autobiographies
- Barack and Michelle earned $85m between 2000 and 2017
- In June 2017 they paid $8m for a D.C. home
- In August 2019 they reportedly paid $15m for a property on Martha’s Vineyard
Barack Obama is one of the most memorable presidents of America as he generated a great deal of change in both of his terms of presidency.
Currently in is his late 50’s Obama is still active in political advocacy where we can make it count delivering speeches where invited to do so. Also, he and the former first lady established the Obama Foundation.
As of 2021, Barack Obama’s net worth is estimated to be $70 million.