“Love is not a temporary feeling or emotion. Emotions and feelings change, sometimes daily. But true unconditional love is everlasting.”
If you’ve found yourself searching the Internet with terms such as, “does love exist?” or “is love real?” you might be questioning how you feel toward someone. But “love” is hard to define because, well, it’s rather ambiguous and we can all experience and express it in different ways. Some of us might view it as something written in the stars or as mere lust and attraction, while others view it as an intense, powerful feeling or some chemistry they feel toward another person.
It’s an exciting feeling and something we all seem to strive for–but does it exists or is it a social contrast were made to believe is real?
To understand whether or not love actually does exist, we can look to science to see what happens to our bodies when we experience this feeling we all refer to as love. If love does exist, this is what’s going on in our bodies when we have that intense feeling.
IT’S IN YOUR BRAIN, NOT YOUR HEART.
Contrary to what we like to say and believe, the feeling of love doesn’t occur in our hearts, at least scientifically. Instead, it happens in our brain when we release hormones (oxytocin, dopamine, adrenaline, testosterone, estrogen, and vasopressin) that create a mix of feelings: euphoria, pleasure or bonding.
Our emotions exist in our brain’s temporal lobe, inside its limbic system, with the amygdala at its center. This is where our brain processes hormones and release emotions, such as fear, anger, desire and love.
Some people refer to oxytocin as the “love hormone” because of how it’s associated with feelings of attachment and bonding.
LOVE IS SIMILAR TO ADDICTION
Some scientists compare falling in love to the experiences a drug addict endures because of the similar levels of dopamine released. When you fall in love, your brain releases the hormone and you feel a rush similar to the kick one receives when taking a hit of cocaine.
Like cocaine, your brain becomes addicted to the rewarding feeling of “love” and wants to keep the source of it around, hence why you might fall deeply in love (or infatuated) with another person. And if you were to lose someone you love or experience a break up, your body will experience withdrawal.
SO DOES LOVE EXIST?
Love is hard to define because what some people call love others call infatuation. While some say is a biological construct we’re all born with, others say that love is a social construct designed by the media.
The scientific study of love is still ongoing, as there hasn’t been any hard evidence to determine whether or not love is, in fact, real–or that it’s just made up and merely exists in our minds. But, what we can say is that when studies are conducted on these feelings of love, researchers do find that parts of our brain and its reward system are active.
A live Example : ( Source: Quora )
Does true love exist?
No, If my answer is no
Then tell me the answer of some questions
- Why Shahjahan constructed the Taj Mahal in memories of Mumtaz Mahal?
- Why Romeo committed suicide for mistakenly believing that Juliet is dead?
- Why Majnun (Qays) sacrifice their life for getting Layla?
- Why martyr’s wife live their whole life with their children and picture of martyred?
- Why every morning I see old man in the age of 80s walking together with their wife in park?
- Why my mother waits for father to come home till late night for dining together?
- Why my mother is unhappy when I didn’t go home this time in holi festival?
There may be you found many examples, if you truly out here in the search of “True Love”.
So, Big Yes!! , true love exists.
How can you say that you are in truly love with someone?
This is very tough question to answer. Actually science hasn’t invented any instrument that can measure how much you love someone otherwise my score would high. But I try to explain my feelings that what I feel and do for her.
- Selfless: True love is never selfish. I give privilege to her thought.
- Unconditional love: I seen last time her when I came to Patna for giving interview of MAHE(smart-100) just like super-30 on 28th June 2010 after passing 10th class. After that I never seen her for six years, and I didn’t interact to her much. But I loved her without knowing that what she feels about me. I loved her without knowing that how she looks like now. I love her because I believe her soul is made for me and my soul is for her. This is because I only feel the pain of my soul.
- Many hours are spent thinking about her, particularly, the way I want life to be with her.
- I visit daily their facebook, instagram, quora profile.
- I read very carefully their facbook’s favourite quote, about her, instagram’s bio.
- When I leave any message to her, I open facebook every five minute just to see her last seen and whether she replied to my text.
- Romantic and painful songs become my favourite songs.
- While taking to her I feel very blessed.
- I never want to feel her bad.
- Confidence, courage, and attitude become my best costume to get her attention.
- I am learning something from her. By the way I started loving myself too.
Some Interesting point that I skipped is really needed to be updated.
- Whenever I created any database table in SQL(SQL – Wikipedia), there was always existed her name in database.
- Even more amazing thing is that her full name exists in my Facebook account’s password since then I created my fb account.(don’t be mad, can’t be crack.)
Only above written point can’t be the end of feelings because this is the pain and feeling of last seven years.